Friday, September 17, 2010

The Matrix We Never Saw





















Although I've had it since April, today I finally started taking a look at the shooting script for "The Matrix" that I was given by some mysterious benefactor that has still not revealed themselves.

Some fascinating stuff was either left on the cutting room floor or not filmed at all in this movie. For example, it's revealed that Neo was not the first "one" Morpheus recruited and thought was the "savior of the copper tops". In fact, there were five "ones" before him that all died fighting agents!

There's also some extra dialogue that clearly claims faith and reason to be incompatible. I've gotta say I'm glad that didn't make it into the film. The undertones of that self-defeating philosophy were already strong enough in the theatrical release.

I'm about two-thirds of my way through the script and can't wait to see what else I might learn. Makes me want to get around to reading the shooting scripts that came with the DVDs for the other movies, too! (That and I suddenly have an itch to dig out my PS2 copy of "The Matrix: Path Of Neo".)

No comments:

Post a Comment