Friday, July 29, 2011

Website Upkeep









As many of you know, I'm not very tech-savvy. Very ironic given how I spend my days sometimes.

This week I've been taking some time out to adjust point sizes on our website in response to a comment I received that the words were too small to read. I checked and it did, in fact, look like the point size was too small. An unintended side effect of me being the guy who monkeys with and updates the site, instead of somebody who knows what they're doing..

So I've been trying to go for a larger size that isn't too big. During that process I discovered that Lo And Behold there is a "zoom" function in my browser that lets me zoom an entire page or just the text. (I'm not being sarcastic. I really didn't know about this function.) And other people can use this function, too!

When I put the topic up on the forums, someone pointed this out. But I'm guessing there will be plenty of folks who don't know about that browser function. (Not to downplay my computer illiteracy.)

So I'm kinda "feeling my way" to a point size that will be a happy medium. If you'd like to help you can visit our website and let me know what you think of the point size, or any other issues related to functionality. (As far as visual design preferences, you're welcome to include those comments as well, but it won't be in my budget to do anything in that regard for quite awhile.)

Hopefully if you've been running into difficulties or glitches we can get them fixed soon! Thanks!

-Paeter Frandsen

2 comments: