Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer Is Coming!



Getting out of church yesterday (a blast of hot Arizona wind welcoming us to the parking lot), my wife and I were reminded that summer is on its way, if not already here. And I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Not only are there a TON of cool looking movies I want to see, but we've got some cool summer events going on at Spirit Blade Productions, including two big sales (one of which will be mentioned to newsletter subscribers only!) and of course, The Summer Of Free, 2011!

For those who don't know, The Summer Of Free is an annual, summer long event on my personal blog and The Spirit Blade Underground Podcast, in which I highlight, with your help, some cool options for free geek entertainment that enable us to be more responsible with the financial resources God has given us. (I'll be the first to admit how easy it is to recklessly blow cash on a bunch of nerdy stuff.)

This summer, I even plan to create a page (probably on the forums) dedicated to websites and entertainment options featured in the Summer Of Free, both past and present, so that we can all be reminded of the cool free stuff there is to do out there, even during the bitter cold of winter! My primary focus this summer will be on video games. There are some great, free, 100% legal video game options available out there, and I'm planning to spend some time each week checking them out. And you're invited to join me! I'll have more info about how you can help me make a list of the best free games out there in the coming weeks.

Lastly, I REALLY can't wait for summer because it means that I will have about 3 solid months where I can build creative momentum on development for Spirit Blade 3, without being interrupted by my substitute teaching side-gig. My hope is to have the script finished by the end of the summer so I can start developing songs in early fall and begin recording in late 2011 or early 2012. I just have a few more things to do before I can give my full attention to scripting, but it won't be long before I'm writing dialogue for Merikk, Raan and Vincent for the very last time!

-Paeter Frandsen

No comments:

Post a Comment