Friday, August 13, 2010

Music Selection

SB_cd_cover2

As of now I'm about halfway through the music selection process for the Special Edition of Spirit Blade. This is one of my favorite parts of the process, because the main mix is done so I'm mainly just adjusting levels, but when the right piece of music is dropped in, it completely transforms the nature of the scene.

I think the music I was able to find for "Dark Ritual" played a major role in making that project what it was. The same is certainly true for "Similitude Of A Dream". I've been excited for a long time to give the same treatment to Spirit Blade.

However, Spirit Blade will have a fairly different musical style than Dark Ritual. Where Dark Ritual used epic orchestra and choir in its score, Spirit Blade will have a more modern/electronic feel to it, in keeping with the high technology setting of the story.

I'm hoping to have all music selected by the end of next week, and for test listening to begin soon after!

Have a great weekend!

-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment