Wednesday, July 28, 2010

23 of 39!

SB_cd_cover2

The remix continues to go well. I'm currently mixing the Atlantis attack on Ebony's apartment. One thing I notice as I remix is that I didn't have a good sense of how to "block" scenes in Spirit Blade. Too often, I would try to keep an entire scene locked into one frame of reference, giving a different percentage of panning to each character to represent where they were in the room. But when you have 4 or 5 people in a room and want to have them all in definitively different places, you wind up with some people panned 80% to the left or right, resulting in a very uneven overall sound.

I've been taking the opportunity to "re-block" some scenes and "re-pace" some others. In this scene it's a bit of both.

The extra action and sound cues have slowed down the process a bit for scene 23, but I'm very happy with how it's turning out and I'm also pretty happy with the time I'm keeping on this project.

Speaking of which, better get back to it!

-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment