Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Next Song... Soldiers!

SB_cd_cover2









I finally finished the re-mix on "Destiny" yesterday and then listened to every other song from Spirit Blade to make my choice about which one to re-mix next. I ended up choosing "Soldiers" and I anticipate this re-mix will be a challenge, or at least very involving.

Of all the songs in Spirit Blade, this was one that never felt "finished" to my ear. As both my tastes and mixing skills have changed or improved over the last four years, it's very hard for me to enjoy listening to this song on several levels. At this point, I anticipate that the remix will involve a complete overhaul of the percussion and a completely different approach to the mix on Michael Tully's (Raan) vocals.

So my first step today will be to sift through the loops and beats I have in my collection for appropriate sounds and then begin a search online for loop and beat collections of the kind of sound I'm looking for. As it stands now, I'll be looking for a more industrial, possibly glitchy sound. But it all depends on what resources I'm able to make use of.

Hopefully, when all is said and done, I'll have a song that we can all enjoy a whole lot more!

-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment