Friday, October 30, 2009

Marketing Is Lame, Audio Is Cool

PilgrimsProgress_Cover_Small 












If you've got a story or message you're passionate about that you want others to experience who have never heard about it, you have to engage in some form of marketing. But despite my passion for what I do and create, the marketing is my least favorite part of running this little company, second only to all the technical internet stuff I have to keep afloat.


The last few days have been filled with e-mail writing and e-mail sending. Not to folks I've interacted with before, but to folks with blogs and podcasts that I think might be interested in what we're doing or who might be willing to help get the word out. It takes me well outside of my comfort zone and I sometimes agonize over my choice of words in an effort to avoid coming across like a salesman. But at the end of the day, I've got a product that I think others will want. And if I want them to buy, I have to sell. A necessary chore.


Thankfully, mixed in with that has been my work on the Spirit Blade audiobook, which I have now been able to resume work on. I am about two-thirds of the way through recording it and am hoping to take two days next week and just barrel through the rest of it. Mixing the audiobook for "Pilgrim" took much less time than I had originally anticipated, and so I'm realistically hopeful that you guys will be able to start listing to the Spirit Blade audiobook before Christmas! I'm not positive what the release method will be, but I do know that it will be available free of charge!


It's also been really great to hear the positive and energetic responses from those of you who have listened to "Pilgrim's Progress: Similitude Of A Dream"! Your encouragement means a lot! Thank you!


Have a great, safe Halloween weekend!


-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment