Friday, September 25, 2009

Paeter The Dragon

IMG_0589


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


I am officially mixing the final scene of "Pilgrim's Progress: Similitude Of A Dream"! It involves a dragon (I'll reveal no more) and I spent some time looking for dragon type roars in my sound effects library and a few places online, but couldn't find what I needed and didn't feel like spending money.


So I grabbed some household items to help expand my vocal resonating space and recorded a series of vocal noises that I then layered, altered pitch for and added reverb to in order to produce what I believe with be the dragon noises used in the final product. The process has been a lot of fun and is not over yet, so we'll see! But just in case it works like I hope it will, I used some screen capture software to video document my experience creating the effects that you will hopefully see in a few more months!


There is still some other work to be done, too. I need to write up and have an actor record the opening and closing credits, and I also need to record my reading of the original material from John Bunyan's classic, which parallels what we cover in this installment of the series. Mid-October might be pushing it, but I'm working as hard as I can to get it all finished and in your ears!


Have a great weekend!


-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment