Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Squeezing In Some "Pilgrim"

IMG_0526 












Despite a very active Christmas/New Year schedule, I had some time to work on Monday and Tuesday and was able to get a few things done on scripting for Pilgrim.


There's still a lot I need to figure out about pacing and what the overall feel of the story will be. Bunyan's work contains virtually no realistic characters. While I'm working to retain all of the extreme qualities that his characters possess, I also want to add a few subtle layers to each character so that they are more than over-the-top stereo-types or symbols.


My philosophy is to "add" instead of "subtract". I'm not interested in cutting out characters, events  and ideas from Bunyan's classic. I'm aiming to translate them while adding additional material to round it out into a more character driven story form.(I'll probably add some action here and there as well.) But if I add too much, Bunyan's work becomes harder to see than I'd like. So finding that balance is what I'm currently working on.


Keep an eye on this spot. Very soon I'll be sharing some details on a few agenda items for 2009 that you won't want to miss hearing about!


Have a great New Year!


-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment