Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Time flies when you're being monotonous?

Img_0529_3This week I remembered how easy it was for me to lose track of time while mixing. It can be very repetetive and at times extremely boring, but somehow the time still flies by. (Don't ask me how that one works. I don't get it either.)



I've spent the last two days taking Mike Tully's vocal work for one of his songs and lining up the best takes together. Once this is done I've got a much smaller vocal file to import into the track file. If that doesn't make much sense, in short, I'm doing boring stuff now to make the creative process easier and of better quality later on.



It's great to finally be working on a song for Dark Ritual again. The last song I made for it, "Necromancy", was written before the script was completed. (And technically, that song only exists in an unfinished mix right now.)



Mixing music and scenes each calls on different creative muscles, so I like going back and forth following my inspiration. It keeps things fun and creative and in the end makes a better product, I think. The song I'm working on, as you may have guessed, is for the character "Raan" and is titled "Lead Me". It comes at a point in the story where Raan is alone and feeling pretty directionless in every sense of the word. I'm excited about what we're doing with Raan in this story. With ALL of the characters for that matter.



In "Spirit Blade", we presented all of the characters in a fairly basic sense. A little depth, but not room in the script for much. However, now that we've introduced the characters and you have a sense of who they are in general, we can go deeper with each of them and learn more about their personal flaws and fears. It's a part of the Spirit Blade saga that I've really been looking forward to and hopefully you'll all enjoy it as well!



-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment