Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Adventure Quest Worlds (Video Game Review)
Review by Katyasha
Adventure Quest Worlds is a massively multi-player role-playing game that plays right inside your web browser. There is no software to download or install -- and this MMO is FREE! Battle monsters in real-time RPG combat alongside your friends.
There are some good things about this site and some bad stuff so I will give the low-down on this site for those who want to check it out and play there.
1. It's free
2. You can create your own charter(Warrior, Rouge, Mage, Ninja)
3. You can choose different armor, helmets, capes, ect.
4. Events on there are cool, from Holiday's to someone on the staff getting married
5. You get to go to some great places around "Lore" (the fictional world) battling monsters.
6. Story line is good and so are the quests.
1. There is a subscription option for access to new weapons and armor, etc.
2. Not enough characters for non-members to choose from unless they become a member.
3. Can't access or buy some armor, helmets, capes and pets unless you purchase in-game money to get them, also you can't combine some helmets or capes(example my character is a fox and I wanted to equip the tail and a cape and I can't).
4. The events are cool but lag and take a long time to load your character. For example the Friday the 13th events.
5. There are places in Lore that are off limits unless you're a member.
6. Also members get to battle the bosses before anyone else and brag to non-members, which is annoying. Not to mention they started this mid-release thing for members only which is unfair.
7. Their message board is not a great place at all. Some of the Mod's there are rude and threaten other people who post threads that are not related to the game.
8. People often send you requests to join their group when you are in the middle of a battle with a monster.
9. Not enough space to store your gear unless you have to buy more space for it.
10. Getting kicked off in a middle of a battle.
In all this is a somewhat great place to meet friends or unwind after a long day at the office and kill something to release unwanted stress. So I give this site:
Visit Katyasha's Website