Friday, April 15, 2011

Becoming A DS Gamer




For years I've watched a number of RPGs come out on the Nintendo DS without having the cash on hand to justify the purchase of the hand held gaming console. And with the financially conservative approach that we take on Christmas and Birthday gifts, it was never something I would end up getting that way either. Besides, in most cases I've had enough games to play on standard gaming consoles.

But as the years have passed and the DS RPG catalog has grown with games I've had to force myself not to think about, my interest in the system has continued to swell, even up to now, when the console is in its twilight years.

Suddenly, after my recent birthday, I found myself with a rare combination of "cash-in-card" and gift card gifts that made the purchase of a DS possible! So I'm extremely stoked to be getting a used (but "Like New") DS sent my way via Amazon next week!

Since placing my order, I've been ravenously consuming online video reviews of various RPGS from various franchises such as Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Golden Sun. Where to begin! So many to play. So much turn-based goodness! And these games are so cheap!

I think... yep. I just peed myself a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment