I hit a setback this week in my goals. After dropping my vocals into
the mix and fiddling with EQs and effects, I realized that the sound I
was using for the primary arpeggiation in "Destiny" was not working. It had a
flanger effect on it that shifted it from having lots of low tones to
lots of high tones and and everywhere in between. Sounds cool by
itself, but building an entire song around it would mean that I would
have to constantly shift the EQs in every other sound to counterbalance
it! Not something I want to take the time to do!
So I'm now developing a new sound for that track that is in keeping
with the original feel, but that will be much more consistent and
easier to mix around. (Big sigh...)
As I finish up this week, I'm hoping to finish developing the sound for
this track so that I can get back to mixing the entire song next week!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Posted by Paeter Frandsen at 5:58 AM