Friday, June 5, 2009

My Favorite Part Of The Process

Sonar






I think I've discovered my favorite part of this process. I used to say that I like it all equally. Acting, composing, writing, mixing...


But as I've started the mixing process again, I think I can say that this is my favorite part. Or at least, it's the part that most often makes me lose track of time!


It starts with the monotony of laying down the dialogue, deciding which takes I want to use by listening to each one over and over and over...


But once the dialogue is in place and the pacing of the scene comes together, I get to add some ambience. Then an FX cue. Then another. Then some music. And over the course of a few hours I watch a scene transform and a world come to life! It's not just the mixing itself, it's the culmination of all the artistic work that has been done by myself and others as I aim for the destination!


As of today, I'm nearly finished with the first scene of "Pilgrim's Progress", I've designed a few key sound effects cues that will be used throughout the project, and I'm feeling right on schedule. Woohoo!



-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment