Friday, January 30, 2009

Scripting Nearly Finished!

IMG_0572 












Scripting is nearly finished for "Pilgrim's Progress: Similitude Of A Dream"! I would guess that after another week of polishing and detailing, I will be ready to begin the casting process. Stay tuned here for the official casting call.


It's been a very unusual experience to approach the pre-production phase after so little time spent on writing, but with the original work to base my script on, and the 60 minute runtime, it's a no-brainer that the process as a whole has moved more quickly.


Casting may be more of a challenge than usual. This story has about 10 characters in the first hour alone. Each of them has a substantial amount of dialogue, so the number of characters requiring especially solid performances has instantly multiplied from "Dark Ritual", even though that project has a run time of about 3 hours!


I'm exploring some new avenues for finding actors that I hope will bring good results. In every aspect of my process I'm continually learning new ways to do things. It makes the process fun and improves my work, but WOW, it never lets up!


-Paeter Frandsen



No comments:

Post a Comment