Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Three Hours That Fly By

IMG_0526 It's kinda strange in the final stages of "Dark Ritual", to get through in three hours something I've been working on for more than two years.


I'm really pleased with the way things are turning out. I've learned a lot since producing "Spirit Blade" and am experiencing the mastering process with much more confidence this time.


Granted, it can always be better, and if I had the money, I'd have the entire project mastered professionally. But when your production company is made up of one guy and his wife(with the aid of some great volunteers!), there's a good amount of work you just have to figure out and do yourself.


And for two years on this project, that's been the name of the game. I've inched over every moment of this massive audio drama for hours upon hours, weeks upon months. So when I can hit "play" and experience the whole thing in just under three hours, it's pretty strange.


You might be thinking, "A three hour audio drama? That's freakin' LONG, man!" But by the end of this week, I will have listened to it, front to back, more than 5 times, and I can't believe how short it is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment